Other Services Provided by Brokaw Credit Union
Moola Moola Children's Savings Club
Moola Moola is our children's savings program designed for children 12 and under. We encourage good savings habits for children and provide fun-filled special activities with our friends, the Money Minders, in the Land of Lotta Loot! Kids are introduced to Doo-da-dime, Nickelodeo, Two-Bits, Pennyopolop and Scratch! Moola and his cohorts help educate children through periodic parties and special outings. And when kids come in to make a savings deposit, they are awarded a trip to the treasure chest! Plus they can earn Moola Bucks on larger deposits to be traded for merchandise. Nurture good savings habits in the children you love when they are young!
Young Adult Survival Kit
There are certain things you just "can't leave home without," and Brokaw Credit Union desires to help you "pack" wisely. Contact BCU for more information on any of these indispensable items for survival away from home!
VARSITY CHECKING PLAN WITH CHECK CARD
FUNDING FOR YOUR NEW HABITS
- Just for 17-24 year-olds! No monthly service charge, No minimum balance required. First order of checks is FREE, and you can receive a VISA check card for ATM transactions, and point-of-sale purchases.
- Apply for BCU's $500 scholarship offered to member students/parents.
24/7 ACCESS TO ACCOUNT INFORMATION
- Online Banking provides immediate access to your accounts no matter where you relocate.
- If you're unable to get online, access our toll-free phone teller - CORA at 1-800-606-5300!
- Take advantage of BCU's extraordinary LOW loan rates to help you acquire the wheels you'll need to get back home to see mom on the weekend with the dirty laundry.
- BCU offers MasterCard or VISA credit cards with a low limit to help out in a pinch! (This is not to be one of your new habits!) BCU's credit cards offer one of the best rates in town and can be advantageous in establishing good credit.
- Kwik-Cash loans provide another way to access a line-of-credit without using a credit card. Advance only the cash you need, and pay it back in affordable amounts.
We welcome life-experienced members, and enjoy assisting them with their diverse needs. Members age 55 and over with an Advantage Checking Account can receive:
- Free Debit Card
- Discounted checks
- 25% off on Safe Deposit Box rentals
- Travel Card with discounted fee
- Discounted fees on money orders and tellers checks
- Free Notary service
- Free photocopy service (Some limits may apply)
We appreciate our advantage members, and more than anything enjoy their stopping in to chat with us!
The easiest way to save money! Your employer deducts funds before you even see your check. Deductions are distributed to accounts and/or loans you designate. It’s one of the best savings methods around!
Authorize your payroll company, investment company, social security administration, or any other recurring payment provider to send your check directly to Brokaw Credit Union. Your funds will be deposited into your account(s). No waiting in line or fearing lost or stolen checks!
Upon arrival, we can distribute your direct deposit funds to your various accounts and/or loans. Distributions can be changed at any time.
CORA stands for Computer Operated Resource Assistant. "She" is an automated teller accessible by a touch-tone phone. Members can call CORA directly 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to:
- Transfer funds between accounts
- Inquire into account balances
- Transfer loan payments
- Make loan payment calculations
- Request statement or check copies
- Obtain a kwik-cash advance
- Obtain tax information
- Obtain current rates - and much more!
A personal security code is required in order to obtain account access.
Purchasing or selling a used car or truck? Stop in or call the Credit Union office for prices. Assure yourself that you are within the proper price range.
A service whereby you can authorize automatic transfers or payments between specified credit union accounts on a regular basis. We’ll take care of your credit union loan payments, escrow or Christmas Club transfers, or other recurring transfers you worry about making. It’ll be one less thing you have to worry about!
Travel Money Card
For travelers who would wisely like to leave their account numbers at home, you can purchase a prepaid VISA TravelMoney Card. The card offers ATM and PIN access, is reloadable up to four times and can be used worldwide at ATMs and stores that accept VISA. The TravelMoney Card is safe, secure and can be cancelled if lost or stolen, reducing the chance of identity theft. Purchase price is $7.95.
Money Orders are the solution to providing guaranteed funds across the street or across the continent.
Free Notary Service
Ask for one of our notaries at either office location when in need of notary service.
• A valid photo ID is required, such as: driver's license, passport, or alien ID card.
• Documents must be signed in the presence of the notary.
• Documents must be complete with no blanks or incomplete sentences.
We have a secure night drop-off vault available 24/7 for your convenience, located right next to our drive-up window.
Safe Deposit Boxes
Keep your valuables in a safe place. Rent a safe deposit box for a minimal annual fee. It’s a great place to keep important documents you don’t want to lose or risk accidental destruction.
View our beautiful lobby displays of commemorative coins, collectibles, proof sets, and much more. These coins and medallions make wonderful gifts for family and friends!
Wire money that has to get somewhere in a hurry - across the country or across the street! Funds can be transferred in hours upon proper notification and identification.
Obtain cash, transfer funds, or obtain your balances by means of your BCU VISA Check Card, Mastercard or Visa Credit Card. Your transactions are surcharge free at any of our ATM locations. It’s the perfect service to compliment direct deposit!